Highlighted

I am trying to export a logo I have created but it is off centre, I can't figure out how to fix it

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am new to illustrator, so forgive me if I am doing things all wrong - I have created a logo and I am ready to use it, however when I save the file the logo is off-center, it is sticking to the bottom left.

I have tried to fix this by fitting the logo to the artboard + horizontally and vertically aligning it to the center... 

I'm sure this is obvious but I have been pulling my hair out so any help would be very gratefully accepted and appreciated! Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I am trying to export a logo I have created but it is off centre, I can't figure out how to fix it

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am new to illustrator, so forgive me if I am doing things all wrong - I have created a logo and I am ready to use it, however when I save the file the logo is off-center, it is sticking to the bottom left.

I have tried to fix this by fitting the logo to the artboard + horizontally and vertically aligning it to the center... 

I'm sure this is obvious but I have been pulling my hair out so any help would be very gratefully accepted and appreciated! Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this happens when you export it as ... a PNG?

In that case check the option "use artboards"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot with the 4 logos shows the .ai files correctly centered and the .eps files positioned at the bottom left, is this correct?

How are you viewing the .eps files? Try saving the .ai logo as an Illustrator PDF, using the Illustrator defaults.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do... is I select everything in Illustrator.  Then I copy it.  Then I go to Photoshop and I hit paste. I then choose to input it as a smart object.  Then I center and place it the way I want into the blank Photoshop document and then save as a PNG.  This is so much easier and there is no error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0