• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am using an older version of Illustrator CS4 and I get a code 150:30 how do I get rid of this code

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Licensing for this product has stopped working" show up when trying to open an older version of Illustrator. CS4.  How do I get rid of the code so it will launch?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a way to get rid of it. Adobe has turned off activation servers for old versions of Creative Suite software. I'm not even sure if the CS6 activation servers are still online. I personally have an old CS5.5 Master Collection box that could be "dead" for all I know now. At my work we have various CS2, CS3 and CS4 boxes still on a shelf. I remember when Adobe turned off the activation servers for the CS2 version. Licensed users who wanted to still continue using the old software had an option to download an activation-free version.

I would contact Adobe's customer support to see if they might have an activation-free version of CS4 that you can download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there should be boilerplate text somewhere in this forum stating that if you have a pre-CC version (or even a pre-2019 version) that you wish to keep running: never uninstall it; never update your OS. If you do, it might be gone forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As least in the case of Microsoft Windows it's possible to run older versions of Windows inside a virtual machine. I don't know if there is any issues with activating software inside a virtual machine environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and earlier may not be activated, CS4-thru-CS6 activation server still works... IF you are installing on a compatible operating system

Code 150:30 License fix https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines