• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer copy artboards in illustrator

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can usually select the artboard, hold ALT, and then simply drag it over to make a copy of the artboard and contents, but today all the sudden this does not work in any of my files. Now when I try to do the same thing it just gives me a blank artboard without the contents. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the button "Move artwork with artboard"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option was already selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gtk123 Please contact Adobe support. Since this is not reproducible at our end we can only guess the reason. Adobe support will be able to look into your machine and look for possibilities like corrupt preference, interference from some third party plugin etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have had much better luck asking for help on forums than getting help from Adobe on many issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gtk123  schrieb

Unfortunately, I have had much better luck asking for help on forums than getting help from Adobe on many issues.

Please contact them.

They can log into your computer to check things, which we can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gtk123,

As suggested above, this seems to be a unique issue and the best way to get it fixed would be a one on one troubleshooting. Here's a link you can check for contacting the support: Contact Support

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam experiencing the same issue.
Did you ever manage to figure out a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd but it just started working again the next day. Possibly just

opening and closing the program or shutting down computer helped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised to learn that this discussion was from 2017, because I have also just begun experiencing this exact same issue! Still no solution or ability to reproduce the issue, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of Illustrator and OS? Does it happen with a specific document or all?

We'd also appreciate if you can share a small video of this workflow so that we can understand your issue better and help accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue with Illustrator 2020 24.2.3 on macOS 10.13.6: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Blu5DNrr (video screencast)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue. Could copy artboards, but the content wouldn't follow...

I deleted my preferences file from the preferences main menu. Restarted. Worked like it should again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you delete your preference file? I'm on a windows computer currently, I feel like I could find this easier when I was on my Mac! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rather than deleting it, rename the preferences folder.

Can be found in the following location: http://vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines