• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't double click to edit text and change colour picker from yesterday.

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

When double clicked in any object or text, Illustrator will allow you to edit it. I don't know why I can't do it from yesterday. 

Please help,

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

This only works with the selection tools.

Is perhaps "Text selection by path only" turned on in Preferences > Type?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only works with the selection tools.

Is perhaps "Text selection by path only" turned on in Preferences > Type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue since the last update. I click / selct an object or whatever then double click on the "short cut color swatches" in the tool bar. Nothing happens. This worked since years and just didnt work since the last update. its the same with the blend tool options. They only appear by going the long way: Object > blend > blend options. is this an preference that changed / has been enabled or disabled with the last update? and by the way the solution in this thread didnt help me. Would be great if anyone has the solution und please no alternate workaround. Just want the "old" use back. Miss it since 2 days... Many thanks in advance to the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i cant edit text by double clicking on them. It just doesnt work. Even changing this and another points in preferences. I have the last version of ai 2021 and get back the 2020 version just to try... Tehres is no popup or message from adobe, i give up, help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow overnight, Illustrator is today not allowing me to simple double click on text to edit it. It opens up every other tool -- from worldview, to reflect, etc. but will not allow me to edit text. Urgent hep needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you already check what I wrote above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines