Highlighted

I can't modify text in my pdf

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Illustrator, I just needed to remove clipping mask in order to select the text in a graph that I have saved as a pdf. In this new version, I don't see removing clipping mask anymore, and I can't select the text to change it in Illustrator. What am I not getting?

Thanks,

Mariana

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't modify text in my pdf

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Illustrator, I just needed to remove clipping mask in order to select the text in a graph that I have saved as a pdf. In this new version, I don't see removing clipping mask anymore, and I can't select the text to change it in Illustrator. What am I not getting?

Thanks,

Mariana

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no offense, you have not told us anything useful like what graphs, from which the PDFs are generated, system info and so on. This could be just as well be an issue with changes in the program generating the files. That aside, PDFs are generally not realyl meant for editing, so you may want to explore other venues in the future like creating a template with native AI text and only placing your exported graphic below it.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the layers panel and find the type you want to edit, select it by option + clicking on the layer. If it's locked, unlock it. As mentioned above, unless the PDF was created in Illustrator, you may get unexpected results by using Illustrator to edit it. You could also try using Acrobat to make your edits.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0