Highlighted

I can't remove or merge colours

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, here are some screenshots of my illustrator problem. Does anyone know why I can't remove or merge the top two (spot) colors. Thanks in advance. Beste regardsSchermafbeelding 2020-09-03 om 15.26.52.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-09-03 om 15.26.24.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

"When a spot color cannot be deleted, that is often because it is included in a placed graphic."

Yes, and when the placed file is linked.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't remove or merge colours

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, here are some screenshots of my illustrator problem. Does anyone know why I can't remove or merge the top two (spot) colors. Thanks in advance. Beste regardsSchermafbeelding 2020-09-03 om 15.26.52.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-09-03 om 15.26.24.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

"When a spot color cannot be deleted, that is often because it is included in a placed graphic."

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to merge swatches you have to select more than one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in know, but if i do this: the spot color remains ;-(

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One swatch is a spot color swatch. The other one? It must be a global swatch or a spot color swatch. Is it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I you select 2 spot color swatches an merge them, the one you selected first remains.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NSchermafbeelding 2020-09-04 om 14.37.55.pngo unfortunately that is precisely the problem. Merge or delete does not work. I have just updated the program but this does not solve the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a problem for a specific file?

When you copy content that contains these colors  into a new file is it still impossible to merge them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a spot color cannot be deleted, that is often because it is included in a placed graphic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I only scanned the document 10 times ;-0 and there are no grahic in the document. But I'll go through it again Thx. I will let you know if this fixed It. The document consists of many parts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea! But unfortunately: new document, same colors and the same problem...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in a new document I can change the spot color to cmyk and then remove it. but merging does not work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an extensive search I found a 'forgotten' part that used the spot color indeed. Ton: thanks & with regards, have a nice day

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped. SJRiegel should get some credit too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little late (but sincere): thank you very much. Have a good day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Resources