• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't seem to use the shape building tool

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to work on a beer label but my shape building tool won't work. My layers are not locked and my program is up to date and I am just so annoyed. I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks creatives.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you try and what did not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the interest. I tried double clicking the shape builder tool selection options and no matter what I do to those, nothing changes. Reddit told me to make sure my layers are not locked, which they are not. As I hover over the took, it is a regular, but as soon as I move onto the workspace, it turns into a white selection arrow with a small dashed out cirlcle next to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could select something, it won't allow me to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your layers are not locke, your items could be, can you check the contents in the layer panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the objects you wish to combine with the Selection tool (black arrow).

Then click and drag with the Shape Builder tool across objects you wish to combine.

If you'd like to punch a hole instead, hold down Option/Alt and click.

If you have not used the Shape Builder tool before, here's a video tutorial: http://www.jeffwitchel.net/2011/12/geared-up-for-shape-builder/

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines