I cannot start Illustrator because of a permission issue

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a message saying I have to change the permission settings for the preferences folder. I tried changing them to write and read but the system was telling me I do not have permission to do it. I googled and I found out that I can disable a system setting called CSR. Even though I disabled CSR and change the permissions to read and write, I cannot still start Illustrator. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your own computer or one that is managed by an IT department?

Please tell us the system details. Is Illustrator allowed to write to the computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine. I am running OS.11.2.3 and as far as I know Illustrator should be able to write to the computer. Sorry no IT guys here, just me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On macOS you have to give the application permission to write to the disk. This can be found somewhere in the system setting. Sorry, I don't know where exactly.

You could try this as well: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/constant-permission-issues-with-adobe-cc-on-mac/m-p/...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines