Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm needing help finding an old font.

Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find an old discontinued font from the 1980's. It's not been any help using the online search engines so I'm going to see if anyone can help here! (i'm hoping so!) I've attached a sample jpeg of the font. Thank you!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a PNG file of the font too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little examination shows this isn't a font, as such. It's art work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. This is a copy of the font that I used in 1978 for some POS signage. It's a copy of a photo of a sign... that's why it looks the way it is. The font is retired/discontinued and I've been unable to find it using conventional resources so I've enlisted the help of this forum in hopes that someone can help.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What form was the font in at that time? Letraset? Stencil? In 1978, we are years before DTP, or PCs. My initial call was beause the letter forms are not identical to each other for identical letters, and that didn't look like the passage of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first time I think we used it was on a dot matrix 8086 computer and used a copy camera to reproduce to film. The date I posted was the year the company has started, sorry for the confusion... getting old, lol. We'd use a copy camera to film paper output and then hand layout onto clear film to make silk screens to do the printing. Thank goodness Photoshop finally came available!!! So I'm pretty sure the font was available at one time as a true type font or possibly simply one that we filmed and enlarged. I can't find either one now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines