• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I made a type logo for an instagram page and it gets really blurry

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to upload my logo to instagram and when I do it it gets pixelated and looks really bad. Is there any recomendation on how to solve this?

My logo looks like this, 110 by 110

Logo JPG.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you saved it as JPG, try saving it as PNG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this with 640 by 640 and didn't work it still has some artifacts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't expect to be able to zoom in.

Your logo is not suitable for this small size. Less tiny detail will work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, the problem is that it has a lot of artifacts when I upload it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture+_2020-10-01-09-32-32~2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have those artifacts before you upload it, if you view the exported image?

If not, it's something Instagram itself is doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is after I upload it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then there is little you can do in Illustrator. 

Some colour combinations may make artifacts more or less apparent. You could try experimenting with different colours to see if you can reduce it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with a white background, the artifacts are less but it doesn't look nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a few things to look at:

• Pixel count/resolution of image - be sure to use a high res image. 640 px is the best fit
  • Double check the file type. Make sure it is a jpg image. Look at the image you are trying to upload. If it has extra characters, resave it as a jpg.
  • Make sure the image you want to use is a minimum of 150x150
  • Try this: Open profile, open settings, select advanced features, and disable high quality image processing and try reuploading it.
  • If you are using iPhone, it may be that your phone setting is actually creating only thumbnails, not high quality. Mark your photo as a favorite and try uploading again. If that doesn’t work, try marking it as a favorite, then editing it and then uploading it.
  • Also make sure you have updated your iOS software to at least 10.3.1, this has been an issue for some.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-profile-pic-in-Instagram-look-blurry-no-matter-what-I-do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it didn't work, and I couldn't find the option to disble high quality image processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to Png with 300 ppi. (for 110px)

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.31.49 AM.png

and i suggest to not use 110 X 110.. use 1000pxx1000 px  so you can export to 72 px

so you can have best quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a specific pixel size, set your artboard to that size and export at 72 PPI, not 300.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i prefer 300 ppi, when you upload the file, it will be rendered by default to 72 ppi. but it will look in good quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export a 1000 px x 1000 px artboard from Illustrator at 300 PPI, you will get a 4167 px image.

If you want a 1000 px image, you need to export at 72 PPI.

It's not about what you 'prefer'. It's about getting the dimensions you specify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 'prefer' based on my 18 years experience... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You 'prefer' inadvertently making images 4.17 times the size you specify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes i agree, for 1000 px image i need to export ar 72 ppi defently 

but 110 px, 300 px NOT 72 px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most of social profiles, but not instagram, when you click on the profile picture it will be bigger, so it will be pixlated. right?? so making bigger size and it will be rendered to small one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines