Highlighted

I traced a drawing using the pen tool but now I cant use the shape builder tool to color it in

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, first post here. I traced a drawing i made, but now a lot of the anchor points on the ends of some of the lines will not connect to other paths. it is a drawing of a cartoon girl and for example her hand, the anchor points on the end of the hand at the wrist do not connect to the sleeve of her dress and I am manually changing all of them but its hard to get them to just click right onto the other path. is there a faster way to do this? I attatched some images

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I traced a drawing using the pen tool but now I cant use the shape builder tool to color it in

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, first post here. I traced a drawing i made, but now a lot of the anchor points on the ends of some of the lines will not connect to other paths. it is a drawing of a cartoon girl and for example her hand, the anchor points on the end of the hand at the wrist do not connect to the sleeve of her dress and I am manually changing all of them but its hard to get them to just click right onto the other path. is there a faster way to do this? I attatched some images

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noah,

As I (mis)understand it, Smart Guides are your friends, telling you when you are within snapping distance, sayning path for a segment and anchor for an Anchor Point and intersection for sections of different paths crossing. And aim to hit the spine of the path in question.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have this option turned on? View>Snap to Point 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I do. when I zoom in and try and move the anchor point to the path, it is hard to get it to snap to the path.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noah,

"when I zoom in and try and move the anchor point to the path, it is hard to get it to snap to the path."

What happens if you have Smart Guides turned on and Snap to Grid turned off?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will try this in the morning and then reply again with the result. thanks for the suggestion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noah,

At least I look forward to your findings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0