I want o import Grouped objects in CorelDRAW 2020 as same in Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously it was properly working. Like the objects which are grouped in AI stays grouped while importing in Corel. But now it is importing in single layers, by which it get some harder to work. Does there is any option to group the on the time of saving the document?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021
You will probably have to contact Corel about it.   But what exactly are you saving? I haven't tested yet, but as far as Iknow Corel can only import up to version CC2019. So if you save as AI 2020, then maybe CorelDRAW imports the PDF part of the file and that's what you are seeing. So maybe try and save to alegacy CC version in Illustrator and then the import works better.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably have to contact Corel about it.

But what exactly are you saving? I haven't tested yet, but as far as Iknow Corel can only import up to version CC2019. So if you save as AI 2020, then maybe CorelDRAW imports the PDF part of the file and that's what you are seeing. So maybe try and save to alegacy CC version in Illustrator and then the import works better.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem has been solved by switching to CC 2019. But still, I had to open the latest versioned file in CC 2020 then save that in the lower version & then use it in CC 2019.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import an Illustrator document into CorelDRAW there is an option in the lower part of the dialog box that says "Maintain layers and pages" that can be checked or not. If it is not checked the Illustrator artwork will import on one layer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines