• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to make overlapping line art in Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I am working on a personal project on the side, But I have run into an issue, I know how to give a white outline to everything by having the stroke on while I make a shape, that is fine. However, when there is a part that I want to add detail too, like for an example a hand, and I want add lineart to each individual finger, how do I go  about doing that? Should I make each finger and individual shape? The problem is that if I do that and add an outline, the entire shape including the unneccesary bit gets an outline which is not what I want. There is a picture of result that I want to achieve attached as well as my project with the initial sketch, and how it is currently but I just can't seem to bend Illustrator to make it do what I want. 

Adobe illustrator is a great tool, but the learning curve is quite steep for a novice like me. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would just not close the path at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines