• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID: -54 error when saving a file that is active in After Effects CC2020

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with an AI file that I've imported into AE, each time I make a change the the AI file and save,  I get an ID: -54 permissions error.

It worked once, and all saves since have returned the error:

Screen Shot 11-25-19 at 02.19 PM.PNG

Closing After Effects and saving again in AI resolves the issue, but this never happened in the past and is quickly becoming a very frustrating workflow.

Windows 10 Pro (1903 build 18362.476)

AI and AE files are in the same local folder.

New install of Illustrator CC 2020 version 24.0 and After Effects 17.0

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Start by disabling background saving in the preferences. This may lock the file somehow. Also check the AE prefs and whether you have enabled network access for scripts. Somehow things go wonky when specific UI panels are running without having free reign. Also of course check where the AI file is actually used. Ever since that JSON stuff and MOGRT templates came into play, even linking a property to a source file can have ill effects when AE tries to reload it or evaluates the JSON in an expres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by disabling background saving in the preferences. This may lock the file somehow. Also check the AE prefs and whether you have enabled network access for scripts. Somehow things go wonky when specific UI panels are running without having free reign. Also of course check where the AI file is actually used. Ever since that JSON stuff and MOGRT templates came into play, even linking a property to a source file can have ill effects when AE tries to reload it or evaluates the JSON in an expression.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips. Network access is enabled for scripts but trying others and will report back how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you remember what worked for you in the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since the latest update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem than the other peoples. any workaround works for me. I still have this error message , except if I quit After Effects ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines