Highlighted

If I uninstall Illustrator 2020, will previous Illustrator versions on my computer delete as well?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to unistall illustrator 2020 as I prefer using the 2018 version, although I'm very worried that if I unistall the 2020 version from creative cloud, the 2018 version will remove, and my files will corrupt.

"WacomDriver" is only allowed in 2020 now, not 2018 so this is very frustrating as it won't allow me to select the 2018 version, not 2020.

Please help if anyone knows how to fix. Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

On MacOS this is not the case. If you uninstall them with the CC App, then you install only the one version (you can also look inside the application folder, there is an uninstaller inside.

If you use the Adobe Ceaner tool, then it might happen that all of them get erased if you click the wrong button. You can also clean single versions with it, but you need to be very careful.

On Windows I'm not sure about shared ressources in system folders and what happens to those. It might also depend on their versions. So that the Illustrator application itself is erased correctly, but since some ressource is missing, you still can't run your remaining Illustrator.

Is it really not possible to switch the Wacom?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

If I uninstall Illustrator 2020, will previous Illustrator versions on my computer delete as well?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to unistall illustrator 2020 as I prefer using the 2018 version, although I'm very worried that if I unistall the 2020 version from creative cloud, the 2018 version will remove, and my files will corrupt.

"WacomDriver" is only allowed in 2020 now, not 2018 so this is very frustrating as it won't allow me to select the 2018 version, not 2020.

Please help if anyone knows how to fix. Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

On MacOS this is not the case. If you uninstall them with the CC App, then you install only the one version (you can also look inside the application folder, there is an uninstaller inside.

If you use the Adobe Ceaner tool, then it might happen that all of them get erased if you click the wrong button. You can also clean single versions with it, but you need to be very careful.

On Windows I'm not sure about shared ressources in system folders and what happens to those. It might also depend on their versions. So that the Illustrator application itself is erased correctly, but since some ressource is missing, you still can't run your remaining Illustrator.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Resources