Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustator 2020 saved PDF won't load in Acrobat DC or Browsers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, 

I have recently had an issue with Illustrator PDF's. Once an Ai file is created and then saved as a PDF I automatically have it open in Acrobat DC. However, the PDF file will take FOREVER to load. I tried to also open it in an internet browser with the same results. Previous files have not had this issue but recently this is how all my PDF's are coming out. I even compress the PDF once it is open in Acrobat and it still wont load. 

I have the "create PDF" selected for the Ai, I have the layers set to "print" I have tried to reset all my preferences as well to no luck. Can anyone help me with this situation? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Yes I made this huge sprial graph image.. LOTS of paths, but cool looking. Luckily this is for a poster so making it into a jpg works out since its background art. thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the file? What's in it?

Which options for the PDF?

Where do you save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question:

Ai File: 8983 KB

PDF Saves as: 3417 KB

Options on PDF: I'm doing a Press Quality preset, and opnly have the Optimize for fast web view and view after ward selected in general. Downsampling is set to the preset and this is for print so converting to CMYK. 

Saved: Locally (My PC)

But I figured it out! I needed to convert my background to a jpg. It is a large file vector that I created so I need to downsize it. I've never had a issue with large files before though. They always flattened when I exported them, has anyone else had this issue with large vector files trasfering to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When there are a lot of paths in the PDF, such as files that originated in CAD, then it can take some time to load them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I made this huge sprial graph image.. LOTS of paths, but cool looking. Luckily this is for a poster so making it into a jpg works out since its background art. thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines