Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustration fall off the artboard

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Why I cant size my illustration as it says it will fall off the drawing area and I read an answer on these post and it says 

Select - object -stray points should sort it!

I have the latest version of illustrator and I looked under object for stray points and its not there ??

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

It may not be a stray point. It could be an effect. I'd recommend opening up your Layers panel and twirling open your layers to see the thumbnails of the content. You should be able to identify the offending content by the thumbnail. If that thumbnail's target (its corresponding circle on the right) is shaded, then that means there's more there than just a simple stroke and/or fill. In that case, you should select that content and open up the Appearance panel. If the Stroke and Fill aren't expan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be a stray point. It could be an effect. I'd recommend opening up your Layers panel and twirling open your layers to see the thumbnails of the content. You should be able to identify the offending content by the thumbnail. If that thumbnail's target (its corresponding circle on the right) is shaded, then that means there's more there than just a simple stroke and/or fill. In that case, you should select that content and open up the Appearance panel. If the Stroke and Fill aren't expanded, twirl them open. If you see an effect (fx) there, click on the underlined name of the effect to open its options. That might be able to tell you what's going on.

If you're not sure what to look for in the Layers panel or the Appearance panel, post a screenshot of those so that we can help you look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as @Myra_Ferguson said, it is more often than not an effect than a stray point in my experience. You can also try temporarily turning the effect off (turn the eyeball off in the appearance panel) if you don't want to expand the appearance. I have found that that sometimes will work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines