Highlighted

Illustration Rotate Transform Handle Missing

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue on and off for months now, but I can't seem to find any solutions or even anyone else who is having the same problem. My transform scale handles are still visible around the shape, but the rotate handles never appear no matter where I hold my mouse over the shape. I've tried toggling on and off the "Hide Bounding Box" option, but it doesn't help.

It works fine for some documents, and doesn't work for others. The only workaround I've found is to right-click > Transform > Rotate, but then I have to know the degree I want to rotate it to, and often I just want to eyeball it!

Thanks for your help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

Also, check if it may have to do something with the actual zoom level.

(Small) Objects that are zoomed out tend to lose the rotation cursor when you are trying to rotate them with the bounding box.

Either zoom in or use the Free Transform tool (default shortcut is E) in that case.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustration Rotate Transform Handle Missing

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue on and off for months now, but I can't seem to find any solutions or even anyone else who is having the same problem. My transform scale handles are still visible around the shape, but the rotate handles never appear no matter where I hold my mouse over the shape. I've tried toggling on and off the "Hide Bounding Box" option, but it doesn't help.

It works fine for some documents, and doesn't work for others. The only workaround I've found is to right-click > Transform > Rotate, but then I have to know the degree I want to rotate it to, and often I just want to eyeball it!

Thanks for your help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

(Small) Objects that are zoomed out tend to lose the rotation cursor when you are trying to rotate them with the bounding box.

Either zoom in or use the Free Transform tool (default shortcut is E) in that case.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all shapes?

Which version and system is it?

Do you have any third party plugins installed?

Can you plase post a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! I should have said originally, it's only an issue with simple shapes. Compound shapes are fine.
I'm using version 24.2.
I don't have any third-party plugins.

I didn't initially post a screenshot because I can't screen shot the cursor, which defeats the whole point. See below.

Screenshot (165).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not the zoom level. It makes no difference no matter how zoomed in or out I am.

Thank you for the tip on the Free Transform tool! That works fine and is a great work around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0