• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Illustrator 2017] Using the brand new "Export for Screens" option...

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even when I specify a width size in pixels (without any decimals), the results shows always, no matter what, 1 pixel extra to each exported file. Annoying. And yes, my artboard is pixel

Why is this happening? I was really happy with this new tool but it's not working correctly.

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Eng

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge (not for technical support) and to the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be using pixels as a measurement but are they aligned to whole numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Every shape is pixel perfect aligned as the artboards. Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

This can happen when you use stroke align center and outside. Can you please try it with stroke align inside.

You can find the option to change stroke align in Stroke Panel (Window > Stroke > Align Stroke).

If you still face this issue please share the file us.

Thanks & Regards

Nitish Agarwal

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stroke is not the problem since I'm using the option for export an artboard, not an asset. The shape in the artboard has a notable bleeding in order to avoid possible lost pixels at the borders.

How I can send you the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem.

It's erratic but reproducible with a simple artboard that only has a rectangle with no stroke.

Creating a new file from scratch will give me clean results, but once I duplicate the artboard the 2nd (and 3rd etc) artboards randomly get 1px added horizontally or vertically.

I've checked solutions for previous similar bugs. Ie making sure the artboard is on a whole number, making sure the artboard is aligned top-left or center etc etc. No luck.

For me it seems to only happen on artboard sizes below 48x48.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just double checked this and can easily reproduce with simple shapes !on

macOS sierra
Windows 8.1
Windows 10 anniversary update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Just updated to 2017 and the dreaded 1 px bug is back when exporting. Doesn't matter if the artboards are perfectly aligned or not. I really hope Adobe finally acknowledges this is something that needs to be fixed or made to not happen after 10 years of people posting on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Adobe. Make It an Experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug still exists even in 24.1.2 in 2020. If your artboard coordinates are fractional, you will have an extra pixel border added. Very annoying bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines