• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2018 and 2020 Scrubby Zoom, Grab/Move Tools Not Functional

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been looking for a fix for dysfunctional Illustrator 2018 and 2020 scrubby zoom and grab/move tools. Sometimes they work, sometimes they are broken from the get go of a new session, and sometimes they work for a little while then progressively become unresponsive. I and my IT people have spent a lot of time looking for fixes for three months now! I've read everything in Community I can find, and no suggestions work for Preferences > Performance work! But it definitely seems to be an animated zoom/real-time tool issue. I just opened a PDF page, deleted what I didn't want and saved it. I then opened a blank document, selected just the areas I wanted from the newly saved PDF.ai document, not using CTRL + A, and copied, pasted and saved that as a new document. The tools worked great for about 10 minutes then progressively got more unresponsive. My graphics are only black and white imports from PDF drawings. I'm only changing stroke weight, and inserting from the stroke and type tool menus, but I need to be precise and need an animated zoom and move tool! I've tried selecting/deselecting the GUI performance choices and everything else I've come across. Using CPU view is unacceptable! This issue occurs on both my Dell laptop and Dell desktop. What is my project paying for? I have deadlines! This definitely seems like an ADOBE issue, so FIX IT!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Have you submitted a bug report..?

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you submitted a bug report..?

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines