• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 could not read existing fonts on my computer even if it's installed

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe illustrator 2019 (23.1) version could not read one specific font of my file, I am certain this font is on my computer, and I have even copied it to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Support Files\Required\Fonts, everytime when I close and re-open my file again it always pops up the Missing Font tab and still the same font missing even though I just installed (and replace) the font a minute ago. The tick column to "Activate" the missing font is unable to select, I can only "Find Fonts" and the fonts are not in the list as well. I need to go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Fonts and select that specific font and reinstall it again (and replce the existing font) , then only my Illustrator is able to detect the font. But when I close my file and reopen it , everything is back to the beginning with Missing Font. Any ideas how to solve this issue ?? its delaying my work progress because of the repeating steps of reinstalling that one font.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. Sorry to hear about this issue. I hope your issue is resolved by now.
If it isn't, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

I'd also request checking out this help article and follow the troubleshooting steps provided. Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Ashutosh,

Glad to receive your reply, unfortunately, we’ve tried reinstalling all the fonts but the issue remains. After reinstalling the fonts, everything seems perfectly fine, until whenever the PC has been restart, the fonts will disappear again. We’ve tried reinstalling Adobe Illustrator but that doesn’t seem to help as well. Are there any options that we could do from our end to solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines