• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 Fill/Stroke Proxy - Dual Display Bug (?)

Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run 2 monitors in Windows 7, most typically with my artboard window on the left (display 'A'), and a layout of panels on the right (display 'B').

Not sure whether it started with this immediately after installing 2019, but today, any click on a Fill/Stroke proxy, either the one in the Color panel, or the one at the bottom of the Tools panel, the Color panel instantly jumps from display B to (the same position on) display A.

So here's the normal state:

See the Color panel at the bottom of the second-from-left column of panels on display B.

In the screenshot the Fill proxy is active, but I want to affect Stroke, so I click the Stroke to make it active, and, as I mentioned, instantly, the Color panel (and the entire column of panels in which it's docked), teleports to display A:

This happens with the Color panel un-docked too, except then it makes the jump alone, from whatever screen coordinates it occupied on display B to the same relative coordinates on display A. And it bears mentioning again, clicking on either Fill/Stroke proxy (Color panel or Tools), produces this result . . . every time, now.

I've tried everything I could think of to create a condition that changes the behavior (including clearing/replacing preferences and settings; all but re-install).

Some findings:

• Jumps from B to A at least on the first instance, no matter how it got on B
    • Even if it starts on A, and I drag it to B, it jumps to A as described above on the fist proxy click
    • After that first instance, if I drag it back to B, the click the proxy again, it stays put on B
  • Jumps from B to A every time when it's on B as part of a preset Workspace
    • After the jump; Reset Workspace; jumps again
    • Some inconsistent behavior if dragged back to B in this case; might jump in next proxy-click, might not

I have a Window 10 machine too, but haven't tested.

Lodging this as a bug report. If anyone else is seeing same/similar behavior, please vote.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with the latest version of Illustrator. I have a saved Workspace with the tool panels on the right screen. When I click the Fill/Stroke within the Color Tool Panel, the entire Color Tool Panel jumps to my left screen.

I have my Main Toolbar on my left screen. The Color Tool Panel has jumped screens when I click the Fill/Stroke on the Main Toolbar.

I am running a macOS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines