• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 lagging severely on windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble with Illustrator lagging on a new machine. This is a fresh install right off Creative Cloud and I'm using it on this machine for the first time. All the drivers for the GPU and such were just installed as well and are at the most recent version. Illustrator's completely unusable due to the lag though. Every action takes a while to complete. I have time to type a sentence or 2 here in this post while waiting for it to update after hitting the down arrow to bump a shape down a few pixels.

The system is designed for 3D work and burns through 3D simulations in Houdini and video work in DaVinci Resolve. Illustrator should be a walk in the park. I know some people have had issues with dictation on macOS. Could there be something similar going on in Windows 10?

Illustrator version: 23.0.3

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2970WX 24 core @ 3ghz

GPU: 2x Nvidia RTX 2080

RAM: 64gb

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues you are facing with Illustrator. This is not a typical experience with Illustrator. Let us make this right for you. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I have a very similar system to yours, but with 2950X & single RTX 2070 and it's been laggy in Illustrator since I got it. Has no issues in other software, just illustrator and I'd love to know why/how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too..
I've CC 2017 running on a R5 1600, with 16GB dual channel RAM, double SSD, and a RX 480 4GB
It used to run smoothly as butter, but now, it's very laggy, even on a simple design (a t-shirt design for God's sake).
When I opened the Task Manager, it seems Illustrator only used 1 CORE, even though theres 12 core available...OMG..
What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Valdy25040401j3f0,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account and check if it makes a difference.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines