Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 Rotate shortcut makes me highlight the text to change angle

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

After updating to 2019, I go to rotate an object in illustrator, type R-Enter as usual, and try to type in the degree of rotation. Instead of just being able to type the degree right away, I have to highlight the existing text before I can type in what I want. It's a little thing that's causing a lot of frustration. Any suggestions for how I can fix this?

For reference, a similar action would be typing S-Enter for scaling an object, and then typing in the percentage you want to scale the object by. This function still works...the existing text is already highlighted, so you can just type in your scale without needing to highlight it yourself. I don't understand why they changed it for rotation.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report it here:

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For me this is one of the most annoying change, because I do a very technical job and I use this tool a lot. As I observed the problem is that when you press R - Enter to bring up the dialog box, it highlights the round dialer instead of the input field and this is very very annoying. Since not everyone is a beginner to work mostly from mouse and use the keyboard for minimum input.

However you can TAB key back an forth until the angle input filed activates. Which by the way is a terrible workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It's really frustrating. Thanks for providing a workaround...hopefully they'll fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed in the latest update 24.0.1, which is available worldwide now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having something similar in 24.1.3

Tab to select fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines