• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 shortcuts stop working

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdest thing: after so much time passes, certain shortcuts in Illustrator just stop working. If I quit and reopen everything is fine for a while and then it happens again, and each time this happens a different set of shortcuts stop working. One set that always stops working are the arrange ones (cmd+bracket keys) and, oddly enough, the "close" shortcut (cmd+w). Again, everything starts off working fine when I open Illustrator, but after a while my shortcuts just start dropping like flies. No problems in PS, ID, or AE, just Illustrator.

Also, the system registers the shortcuts as null since I get a little default "ding" when I try to use the ones that deactivate themselves.

Running latest version of Adobe apps with MacOS Mojave on 2017 Macbook Pro 15".

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try resetting preferences for Illustrator and share results:

How to set preferences in Illustrator

If that does not help try resetting preferences manually:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to locations
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders.
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue happening to me too, some shortcuts (notably the ungroup shortcut) just stopped working abruptly after updating to CC 2019. They will work occasionally if I quit and re-open, but then just stop working and don't do anything when I try again. I tried manually resetting preferences with no luck, and there are no other applications running that use the shortcuts I use in Illustrator. Running latest version of Adobe on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Please try installing the latest update and check if that fixes the issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

same issue with the ungroup shortcut (group still working). I reseted pref and installed the last update (23.0.1), the problem is not fixed.

Running lasted version windows 10 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear about this. I would request you to please try removing preferences folders manually.

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Locations C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe and.
  • Delete or rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 23 Settings folders.
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

If that does not work, please check how Illustrator works in Hidden/ Local admin account: How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account - gHacks Tech News

If InDesign works fine in Admin account try these steps: Preferences folder read-only error in Illustrator

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Ctrl+shift+G doesn't Ungroup as intended. I already uninstalled the preferences before (trying to fix ANOTHER bug that this new Illustrator came with). That didn't fix this issue. This version is a MESS. I feel like I find something new everyday that hangs up my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry about this frustrating experience. I would request if you can please confirm how it works in the Hidden/ Local admin account: How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account - gHacks Tech News

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my question is, before I try messing with that...even if it DOES work, what does that matter? Am I going to change the account I have to be logged into before I use Illustrator now? I need to be able to run my computer in the standard admin account I use all the time. I shouldn't have to change my whole computer setup around to accommodate one bug in your software. And FYI---when I went into my keyboard shortcuts settings in Illustrator and tried to manually remove the shortcut for Ungroup, then re-setup the shortcut to Ctrl+shift+G, it wouldn't accept that. The bug is clearly in your software and needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If InDesign works fine in Admin account that means there could be some issue with permissions on the user account. That is why I mentioned above "If InDesign works fine in Admin account try these steps: Preferences folder read-only error in Illustrator "

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

APRIL 4, 2020... Even with the newest version of Illustrator 24.1.1, 64bit... with WINDOWS 10 Updated... this CTRL/SHIFT/G (ungroup) function doesn't work.  I see this issue has been going on for MONTHS, and Adobe hasn't fixed it.  I will remind you that we pay a nice chunk of change each month to use your software, and we expect it to work FLAWLESSLY, with speedy bug fixes - without having to BEND OVER BACKWARDS to DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU. That's not what we pay you for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not work ..I cant grup layers ...is there some solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ivr98332716  schrieb

Still does not work ..I cant grup layers ...is there some solution ?

You can't group layers means what?

Layers cannot be grouped at all. Objects can be grouped, Groups can be grouped, Paths can be grouped.

So what do you want to group?

Is the shortcut not working? Or is the command not working at all?

And please post your system and version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you, I used to  group layers in CS 6 there was possible to group layers too, now I work with cc2019  so i  didnt know there is this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could never group layers.

Can you please tell us what exactly you are trying to group how exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you trying to "Merge" layers?

merger layers Ai.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had ongoing similar problems with basic cut and paste shortcut.  I do a large financial book every January that involves cutting data out of Excel and pasting into Illustrators' graph function.  Regularly for years, the clipboard will routinely spazz out & not paste the right data, and I have to quit and restart both Illustrator and Excel.  Kind of annoying. Related problem, that seems to be happening more now with the latest version, is it will randomly stop pasting the cell data into the cells when I do command-V, but rather past all the data into the first cell.  If I do paste from the pulldown menu it works fine, but command-V doesn't.  The only way to clear this bug out seems to be to restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

printlives  schrieb

Have had ongoing similar problems with basic cut and paste shortcut.  I do a large financial book every January that involves cutting data out of Excel and pasting into Illustrators' graph function.  Regularly for years, the clipboard will routinely spazz out & not paste the right data, and I have to quit and restart both Illustrator and Excel.  Kind of annoying. Related problem, that seems to be happening more now with the latest version, is it will randomly stop pasting the cell data into the cells when I do command-V, but rather past all the data into the first cell.  If I do paste from the pulldown menu it works fine, but command-V doesn't.  The only way to clear this bug out seems to be to restart the computer.

Which other software is currently running?

This includes all your web stuff, synching, antivirus, teamviewer, whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This software conflict is one of the problems I faced with the keyboard shortcut (Shift+Ctrl+G) when trying to ungroup objects. I'm using a screen recorder software running in the windows background while working in Illustrator. It is the screen recorder software keyboard shortcut that is conflicting with Illustrator. I just exit the program and the keyboard shortcut is back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I usually have to close the app and come back in fresh. Will try the fix suggested by the Adobe Team though and hope it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrange shortcuts: I experience the shortcut for "bring to front" works only as "bring forward". If I use the right click drop down window it works fine - but it is not optimal when you are used to use the keyboard short cuts for a lifetime...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn the caps lock on and then try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Cmnd/ Alt/ Shift/ K (Keyboard Shortcuts) -> Select a different 'SET' of shortcuts (for example 'Iluustrator Default') and press 'Ok'. Then select your ideal 'SET' again and click 'Ok'. This will refresh the issue. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines