• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020-2021 Crash on Startup

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this issue on and off for a few months now and I have no idea what's causing it. Today I hit my breaking point. 

Whenever I try to start up the program, whether its from my desktop, CC app, or opening a file, Illustrator crashes on starting up. This is the only program I have trouble with opening. Sometimes it will take up to an hour for me to get into Illustrator and starting to work. This is hurting my work extremely because its causing me to miss deadlines. I'm so frustrated with Illustrator. 

Anyone know what might be happening? I feel like i see the Crash report box more than illustrator itself. 

I can post a screenshot of the error box next time I boot it up because it is currently working. I know the second I close and reopen it will start crashing every time again.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Hi Jessica & Silvia,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope you both have updated to the latest version of the app. If not, please do that.

Also, if you have similar issues in the future, please follow suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illustrator/td-p/11561981) to improve the performance of the app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention Im using a Macbook Pro 2017 running OS Catalina 10.15.17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday I have the same problem. I wasn't able to fix it though I think it is a font issue or a font-software issue. I'm running Font Explorer X and yesterday in the eveninga all of a sudden I was no longer able to open Illustrator 2021 and this morning InDesign and Photoshop stopped working properly.

I read in other threads from people having this issue they were only able to install the older version Illustrator 2020 and this is what I did. First I had the same problems but meanwhile I'm able to work with Illustrator 2020 again.

This morning I did some more tests when Photoshop and InDesign started crashing on startup. I found out that starting in save mode (pressing the start button and immediately pressing and holding the shift key) eliminates the problems. When I start in my normal system (Catalina 10.15.7) Photoshop works fine until I try to do something with the text tool. As soon as I try to type something Photoshop crashes. InDesign crashed as well but meanwhile I was able to run it disabling all my fonts.
The CC 2020 programs I installed yesterday are all running fine so I can't imagine what causes the problem. I have nothing new installed yesterday and was working just fine for 3 weeks with the 2021 software versions - until yesterday evening when all of a sudden nothing worked anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jessica & Silvia,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope you both have updated to the latest version of the app. If not, please do that.

Also, if you have similar issues in the future, please follow suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) to improve the performance of the app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines