• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2) crashing on macOS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps crashing on me and prompts the following error messages, not sure how to fix these constant crashes...

Version: 24.1.2 (24.1.2)

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G4032)

Crash Report: https://pastebin.com/11MN60Vz

{Edited and Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. We are currently investigating this issue and would request you to share the following details:

• Does turning off Automatic Graphic Switching (System Preferences > Energy > Uncheck Automatic graphics switching) helps resolving the issue?
    automatic graphics switching.png
  • Have you noticed if Illustrator is crashing randomly or after a specific action?
  • SPX file from MAC
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files
    Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files
    Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and share it with us.
    How to collect spx file.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Srishti,

Here is that link.

I'm on Mojave, so I don't have that option that "Does turning off Automatic Graphic Switching" option to turn off.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/ff796abc-a36b-40f8-797e-997d58edd877

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the SPX file. It's fine if you do not have that option. That means the your system doesn't have multiple GPUs. 

Please try these steps one by one and share your observations:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I will let you know when it crashes, I did make the other 2 changes you noted, so fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be waiting for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

So I don't even get prompted for crash reports now, Illustrator just stops working and when I open again, it'll just shut itself down again for 2-3 more times or open normally. When I did get a "details" error panel, I just copied all the data below.

Again, not able to send report to Adobe anymore, not sure why.

Crash Report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear about this. I would request if you could share the SPX file and try the steps I shared above. This will help us finding the root cause of this issue and resolve it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Illustrator has been crashing on me pretty consistently today, like 3-4 times back to back, at least 10 times today in a7 hour period. I have been submitting my crash reports with my email address, so hopefully you can find those reports, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter, 

Sorry about the delayed response. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.2) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.2, then we recommend you to update to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines