Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2) keeps crashing on Mac OS Catalina

Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have some trouble with my illustrator. I have followed a tutorial this one: https://vectortwist.com/neon-text-effects-illustrator/. The first time I did it it workt totally fine, no issues, sometimes a little slow. Now I want to make ik again, but even in an emty document when I put in the firt line it keeps crasching. I uninstalled illustrator 2 times now and it keeps doing it. It's really annoing.

I hope someone can help me, thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Hi there,

Glad to hear that everything is up and running again. There could be multiple reasons why this would have happened. As it works most of the time, it might be possible that some third party application is conflicting. If this happens again, I would suggest to check what all applications are running in the background and what happens if you close them.

You may also try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the document? And how large is the object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document is 11,6 MB the object is the size of a A3 paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the raster effects resolution is probably 300 ppi? The tutorial endorses a heavy use of raster based effects, which just slow down Illustrator when used at large sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's 300 ppi. But how do I fix it. Becouse the first time it I made it, it went fine. And now it's just stopping. How can I make it again without constantly crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was ist the same size and reosultion when you did it the first time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I din't change anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried again this morning, now it's working perfectly fine. Do you have any idea how this happened? So I can prevent it from happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you turn off the computer overnight?

Personal computers need a reboot regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted 2 times yesterday but it didn't help,  I didn't turn it off overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Glad to hear that everything is up and running again. There could be multiple reasons why this would have happened. As it works most of the time, it might be possible that some third party application is conflicting. If this happens again, I would suggest to check what all applications are running in the background and what happens if you close them.

You may also try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines