Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.1.3) crashing on launch on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I've been having trouble just opening Illustrator since the update. It's not file specific, and it doesn't matter if I go through the Creative Cloud app or double clicking on the file itself. Once the credits are done rolling, the program crashes every single time. Still on Windows 10 Pro, no changes to the server, and files are saved to my hard drive. Tried uninstalling 24.1.3 and replacing with an older version, but the problem hasn't fixed itself.

Pete

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi Pete,

I have branched this conversation because the issue discussed over there was different. In your case the application is not launching itself. We are sorry to hear about this trouble. Let me help you with this. In few cases, it was found because of DLL errors on Windows. You may try the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html

If that doesn't help, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• When did this start happening? Ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I have branched this conversation because the issue discussed over there was different. In your case the application is not launching itself. We are sorry to hear about this trouble. Let me help you with this. In few cases, it was found because of DLL errors on Windows. You may try the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html

If that doesn't help, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Do you get any error messsage/ code when it crashes?
  • Check event viewer for error logs. Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc) and hit OK. Go to Windows Logs > Application and check if you any error related to Illustrator.
    Event Viewer Illustrator.png

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, Read post, had the same issue, and followed your steps this was my error code:

Faulting application name: Illustrator.exe, version: 24.2.1.496, time stamp: 0x5ef67452
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 26.21.14.3218, time stamp: 0x5def7e8f
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

You may also try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Thanks,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines