• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.1.3) keeps crashing

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Illustrator when prompted 2 days ago. Since this update, it seems to be crashing multiple times just within a few minutes. I tried to close all other apps to see if that would work, but no luck. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Without any system information and at least the basic crash info we can't realyl tel lyou much. Start by reinstalling the program from scratch with sufficient user permissions and trash the preference files and folders. Perhaps the update simply botched something.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

I finally got it to run again, but it took IT reinstalling vc_dist.x86 and Visual C++ to get it done. All settings were lost, of course, but I could get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and at least the basic crash info we can't realyl tel lyou much. Start by reinstalling the program from scratch with sufficient user permissions and trash the preference files and folders. Perhaps the update simply botched something.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

That doesn't sound good. I would like to know if the steps suggested above helped to resolve the issue? If not, could you please share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

We're here to help, just need more info. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I have the same problem and I couldn't work since this morning! And nothing has changed on my computer,

I've just updated the apps.

Regards

Adnan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally got it to run again, but it took IT reinstalling vc_dist.x86 and Visual C++ to get it done. All settings were lost, of course, but I could get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines