• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.1) "Export as" PSD document not creating a file

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export my illustrator files as layered psd files quite often but since yesterday I can't get the "Export as.. psd" to write a file. It goes through all the usual motions but when I go to open the file it doesn't exist.

It doesn't write a tiff file either but in this case gives an unknow error. It seems export as a jpg fine. Anyone know what the problem could be.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I contacted Adobe support. The consultant conducted a remote session which was extremely helpful. Firstly we discovered that it was an issue with exporting and write the PSD file within the same folder as the original AI file. Secondly it therefore turns out its actually premissions issue with the folder where the files are located. You just need to change the permissions of the folder to Read & Write. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I tried changing the all the permissions of the folder that contained the AI file to "Read and Write" but still can't get it to write a psd file in that same folder (or a folder within it, naturally). However, your info about exporting the PSD file outside that folder seems to work just fine which is great. Thanks!

I am not sure if I just didn't change the permissions correctly or if you have to restart the computer or something to get it to take... hopefully it will fix itself, ha. In the meantime I will just write it to a different folder and move it in. Also I tried giving AI 2020, PSD 2020, and Creative Cloud 2020 all "Full Disk Access" but that didn't seem to work either.

I usually have my AI files in different folders so changing the permission would be more of a pain than just moving the psd, but if you happen to know why the permissions wouldn't take let me know. If not, thanks anyway for the help.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and tried different settings but the exported PSD still doen's appear once it's be processed out of Illustrator, have anyone found any other solutions to get a layered PSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi danl7590647 

As mentioned in the feed, it is an issue with the current version of Illustrator where you cannot write the file to the same folder as where the original .ai file is located. Try exporting to the desktop or a different folder. This worked for both myself and elsenior3

Its not ideal but a solution nevertheless. Good luck and I hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines