• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.2.2) keeps crashing

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

app continously crashes a couple of minutes after making a new file. Reinstalled and continues to do so. I don't even get a crash report prompt anymore.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Hi all,

I am happy to inform that we have a fix available for this issue in the latest release of Illustrator (24.2.3). Please update the app to the latest version. If you don't see the update in the Creative Cloud Desktop app or need assistance regarding updating Illustrator, check this help article for more details.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rolled back to an earlier version and is working so far. Don't have time to be messing around with figuring this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version? i have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.2.2 if its the same issue as me, the moment this update was installed, I crashed at very regular intervals.
I have reverted to 24.2.1 for now so we shall see. Like others I am user and not interested in the things I could do to fix 24.2.2, i just need a reliable working software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble this issue has caused. We are working on a fix for this issue. Till the time it is fixed, please continue using 24.2.1 and stay tuned for updates. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Exact version of Illustrator and operating system
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

You may also try resetting Illustrator preferences. Preference settings are saved each time you quit the application. Crashing and unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes: 

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings 

You may also try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I am happy to inform that we have a fix available for this issue in the latest release of Illustrator (24.2.3). Please update the app to the latest version. If you don't see the update in the Creative Cloud Desktop app or need assistance regarding updating Illustrator, check this help article for more details.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines