• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 and errors trying to load Cutting Master plug-ins.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've registered for CC and Illustrator 2020 updated tonight. Once I opened it, my plug in for Cutting Master 4 (CM4) are not working. I keep getting this error. error: 1394689636, suite: ai user suite, version: 12!   or sometimes it might say version 11. How can I remedy this as I need my cut feature working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had CC for 2 years now...and only now after 2020 is updated am I having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin is not ready for 2020. You need to contact The Cutting Master company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Did you solve the problem?
To date, I still cannot use the cutting plotter and I don't know what I have to do... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to wait until they issue a compatible plugin. It's the job of the third party to update their plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, the system doesn't work, not in the real world.  This constant quest for Adobe to update itself every 10 minutes is always going to leave us users in this position of being temporarily outdated.  That is not acceptable in my view, we are working, we have families to feed and the OP cannot work while this situation remains. Congratulations Adobe, nice one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your problem. If you have plugins that only work with a certain version of Illustrator, then you just don't update Illustrator until your plugin gets an update as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me, illustrator has auto updated, now unable to work using Illustrator CC, I can't find a version of cc for it to work on, that's my problem. CC is now redundant. So now gone back to using cs6 (thankfully I have CS6). The whole subscription model just doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case please contact Customer Care and explain the situation to them.

And then change your CC settings that it doesn't update automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika, I hadn't thought of contacting them, I'm just trying to re-install an older version from my Time Machine backup,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have the actuall installer file, Time Machine backups won't be of much use unfortunately. Illustrator wants to be installed. Restoring or migrating mostly fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of 23.11 from the Adobe site behaved the same.  I restored the 23.11 from my Time Machine backup and that now works with the CM4 plugin. 🙂

I rarely had any issues in the years I used cs5 and cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe CC offers (for download) a compatible version of Illustrator for us Graphtec users. This is the main issue, we may need access to older versions of Illustrator which are not available for download through Creative Cloud. I have turned off all auto-updates on my desktops and am currently running Illustrator 21.0.2 in order to use my Graphtec plotter (with Cut Master plug-in). But, if anything happens to my desktop... will I be able to download Illustrator 21.0 again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I tried that, it no longer works with that older version..... so it's all really mucked up now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

To avoid these inconveniences, it is best to turn off the Auto-update option in the Creative Cloud Preferences.

AutoUpdate.jpg

Another important detail: verify in advance that the manufacturers of other products (accessories, printers, drawing tablets, cutters, etc.) announce their compatibility with the new Adobe versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to hhave the solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pAexyNvVdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines