• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 crashes every time system goes to sleep mode on macOS

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time my new MBP goes to sleep, Illustrator 2020 24.0.1 crashes...every single time. Tried renaming the settings folder as noted in another thread, but this combination 2019 MBP 16 inch and AI 24.0.1 is unusable. I've never had an issue with my 2015 MBP, and Illustrator, seems to be an issue only with the new MBPs with the following graphics:

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Anyone else having this issue? I've also had it kill upon opening EPS files, but only every couple of times. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We tried but unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39578656-random-crashing-24-0-3) and share the required information in comments. This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.  

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"my spacebar shortcut is being disabled all the time... It's so annoying!"

Search for interfering apps, extensions, plugins.

Shut down everything, do a restart and then launch only Illustrator. No (!) other processes, no browser, no system exentsions, no remote control, no banking software, whatever. Does it work then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Macbook Pro 16 as well and fully loaded.  Illustrator was crashing constently. I updated to the new 24.0.3 and hasn't crashed since and it's been about a week now. I also changed my screen saver to never go to sleep when i updated since there might be issues when it goes to sleep.  I have yet to try it while the sleep option is enabled, but at least now it seems WAY more stable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated as well and it crashed again for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry to hear about this. I understand how frustrating it could be. I have sent you a DM for some details, please check.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Russ. Please feel free to message us back if you need any additional help.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing when it goes to sleep. Really sucks to have to keep the computer on all the time, since I always have Illustrator projects open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me too - brand new mac. Illustrator started crashing within an hour after I downloaded it - it was litteraly the first piece of software I put on the computer. No plugins, no anti virus etc... I have had customer care take control over my computer - they dont see it crash and say its fixed - then it crashe later on. Crashes are random - but also often when computer goes to sleep and wakes back up. Somtiems once a day, sometimes many times a day. No real pattern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn’t describe it better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest update on 11/22/19 (v. 24.0.1), every time my computer goes into sleep move, Illustrator crashes. I've tried un-installing/re-installing, restarting my computer, etc. and I'm at a loss of what could be the issue. Illustrator does occionally crash when I'm working in a large file, but recently, after the update, it's been crashing everytime it's in sleep mode which is causing me to lose unsaved work. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind resetting the preferences of the Illustrator once?
You may follow the steps provided on link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
Let us know if it helps.

You may also share the crash logs following the instrcutions provided on the link below:
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 16"
Turn off (Automatic graphics switching) System Preferences > Energy Saver

Solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We tried but unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39578656-random-crashin...) and share the required information in comments. This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.  

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off (Automatic graphics switching) System Preferences > Energy Saver

Solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on 10.13.6 with the latest in ai, and I'm using a 2011 imac.  I wouldn't call it a crash, as the opportunity to save files is offered before the application quits. But it is a singularity with Adobe Illustrator -- no other program reacts this way to the computer going to sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the newer graphics card too

AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB

running Catalina OS 10.15.6, illustrator 24.2.1 and inDesign 15.1.1

I have disabled the feature in energy saver "Automatic graphics switching" thinking it could solve the problem but no joy. The same issue is replicated on 3 maxed out 16" MacBook Pros 2019 model (i9 processor & 64GB of ram) with all software updated to the latest versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Catalina, Macbook Pro 16

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're extremely sorry about this. Have you submitted the crash logs? If not, try following the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). 

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same machine (specs below) and the same problem: daily crashes in InDesign (1-3 times daily) and Illustrator (sometimes on other apps, too like Lightroom Classic).

1. Graphics card switching is off
  2. No thirdparty plug-ins (that I'm aware of)
  3. GPU acceleration off

Machine:

Catalina, Macbook Pro 16

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I have this computer since March and the crashing is constant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry about this trouble. We're still investigating this issue. Please share crash logs by following these steps.

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and investgate this issue further.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not technically a crash where a prompt is created to send back to
Adobe. It is a program shut-down. When you come out of sleep, Adobe
Illustrator and Photoshop, ask if you want to save before shutting down.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue now too. It started happening with Illustrator 2020. Illustrator quits every time laptop sleeps.

scottr36574981_1-1607507832734.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating did you reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since and its still an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you read all the pages of this thread and tried everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines