• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 crashes every time system goes to sleep mode on macOS

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time my new MBP goes to sleep, Illustrator 2020 24.0.1 crashes...every single time. Tried renaming the settings folder as noted in another thread, but this combination 2019 MBP 16 inch and AI 24.0.1 is unusable. I've never had an issue with my 2015 MBP, and Illustrator, seems to be an issue only with the new MBPs with the following graphics:

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Anyone else having this issue? I've also had it kill upon opening EPS files, but only every couple of times. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We tried but unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39578656-random-crashing-24-0-3) and share the required information in comments. This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.  

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have worked on the first test. Hopefully we can continue the streak! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my MacBook Pro 16" with Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.

Have tried the solution with "Open System Preferences --> Engergy Saver"
But that didn't help!

Someone who has some other solutions for this?
Is it an adobe problem or mac problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of threads about it in Apple forums, so it might be (also) an Apple problem. Contacting them won't hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. Here are my laptop's specs. When I uncheked GPU performance it fixed but super laggy, performance went down dramtically. It only happens to Illustrator other adobe softwares are ok, at the time photoshop and after effects were on but didn't crash. All of my adobe cc softwares are up to date. Please fix this, I keep losing my work.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.41.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest this problem isn't fixed until the Energy Saver preference can be on withouth Illustrator crashing. So for now, its a work around but for as long as its been a problem, not expeciting it to be fixed soon. I'm trying to leave the Energy Saver pref on, and have turned off the GPU performance in Ilustrator to see if that works. So far so good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on all files, newly created or old.

Often happens when I try to open a file, also when I put the computer to sleep and wake it up it will have crashed during this time, rregardless of any files being open.

I'm running OS 10.15.1

All files saved to my computer hard drive.

Has hapened with all file types, but I'm mostly workign with .ai files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Please following these steps and share your observations:

1. Reset Preferences: -
  • Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

2. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which is conflicting with the Illustrator.

3. If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

4. If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the folders worked like a charm. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue in Illustrator 24.0.3

Step 1 had no effect.

Step 2 worked, as in it worked fine without extensions. It was BitDefender antivirus which caused the issue. I temporarily disabled it and Illustrator started up without any issues. Re-enabling BitDefender (after starting Illustrator once successfully) doesn't appear to prevent it from starting anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Number one worked for me. I'm using Adobe 23 (2019) on a Mac 10.14.6 (Mojave). At least for now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI crashes when my computer goes to sleep, everytime. . ??? running AI version 24.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Illustrator 2020 and 2019 all up to date and they both crashing EVERY time Macbook Pro 2019 goes to sleep.

Sometimes it's already crashed when I wake up computer and sometimes it crashes within a minute of waking up.

Running Catalina 10.15.2

Been sending crash reports everytime.

Hopefully there's a fix soon.

This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ,

We're so sorry to hear about this issue. I checked the crash report submitted by you. Looks like Illustrator is force quitting in Sleep Mode by the operating system. The crash report also shows that you are using Plugins from Astute (VectorFirstAid, VectorScribe). I would suggest if you can try removing these plugins and check if that helps to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues with the same macOS version. In addition, sometimes I am simply working on a doc and the AI interface goes haywire and the only way to continue working is to close and reopen AI.

Band new 16" MacBook pro with 2TB drive and 64GB RAM and I am working on pretty basic graphics, so I don't think it's a resources issue.

I've submitted numerous crash reports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this. Could you please share a few more details? For example,

• Exact version of Illustrator
  • Which Graphic card is installed on your system?
  • Does it happen in Presentation Mode or in normal Preview as well?

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 25.0.1

Brand new MacBook Pro 16" with 64GB RAM, 2TB HD and latest Catalina OS.

In the System report, two graphics cards are listed

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB (PCIe)

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB (Built in)

I am not an Illustrator expert so I don't know about Presentation mode vs. normal preview. It does say GPU preview in my document tabs. I just found presentation mode and I have never used it before so I don't know if it happens there too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I've been submitting crash reports with my contact info almost every day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the steps I shared in response to Matt? If yes, than we need to troubleshoot this further on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Still crashed. crash report is under paul at deitel dot com. Do I need to shut down illustrator first when I make a preferences change? I made the change, put my machine to sleep, then it crashed immediately when I resumed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, it's a lot more than this problem. I am working with relatively simple graphics. There appears to be a memory leak in Illustrator. If I open and close a bunch of files over a couple of hours, eventually the whole interface gets corrupted and it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I just bought a new Macbook Pro (16") with a Catalina and a fresh install of Illustrator. Now, Illustrator keeps crashing while the Mac sleeps during the night. It's really annoying and I hope that it'll be fixed soon.

I rely on Illustrator for work and have been a paying customer for years, I can't understand how it can be this unstable. We're really in need of an update here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 24 for days on my Macbook (sleeping several times throuout the day and of course the night). No problems with that, but also: it's not Catalina.

Catalina has issues with sleeping. You might want to investigate that first.

If you need someone to check out your Adobe installation:

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're so sorry to hear about the crashing. I understand that's really frustrating. We are currently investigating this issue. I have sent you a DM for some more details, please check.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. EVERY time my computer sleeps not only Illustraotr 2020 crashes, but so does InDesign 2020. I ALWAYS submit the reports but frankly, I'm sick of it. I'm also running 10.15.2. Another issue I'm tired of is that the applications frequently lose the ability to use key shortcuts, even down to the spacebar for moving around the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my spacebar shortcut is being disabled all the time... It's so annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines