Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 crashing, freezing.

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody 🙂

I've installed the update and can't use illustrator anymore, takes a lot of time to load when it loads without crashing.

I've tried removing it and reinstalling from zero and same problem. Got the usermode font driver service loading the CPU and illustrator won't start at all or starts after a very long period but still not usable, extremely laggy.

So I've re installed cc19, no problem with it. the usermode driver service take some cpu but no problem with it.

any help ? in the meantime I'm gonna stick with illustrator cc19.

Oh and forgot to mention that I can't reset Ai prefs not Photoshop pref anymore because it asks for the admin password!!!

Anyway, the admin typed the password to reset the preferences but it nothing changed.

thx 🙂

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this experience. This issue is because of the corrupted fonts.

I would request that if you can share the crash report by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html (Please submit the crash report with the email address with which you are logged in on this community).

After this, please try validating fonts. You can take help from the Apple article (if you use a mac): https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/font-book/fntbk1000/mac

Fonts that are not valid need to be removed. Once done, Illustrator CC2020 should work fine.
Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh and thank you for your help. I'm going to try to check the fonts tomorrow and see if it solve the problem.

regarding the crash report I can't send you any because I didn't get any crash report window. Had to manually kill illustrator service each time so no report 😕  (windows 10)

be back tomorrow after checking the fonts and will tell you if it worked.

Again thank you

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything and like you it just won't load up no matter what I do... looks like I will have to uninstall it as well and go back to 19 😞

My CPU goes mad trying to load it and it messes with other greedy programmes - but closing them still doesn't get it working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same things just happened to me. (Not Responding) is the new screen I get to stair at for hours. How can I go back to 2019? This 2020 AI update is awful. Crashed my entire system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open thr creative cloud app (not yhr website) go to apps. Each box should have 3dots  at the bottom left hand corner. Click that and click install earlier versions then scroll to yhr bottom entry on the list. That will be the 19 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I've tried the steps above and removed any fonts.

I'm stil getting the same issues. If I can manage to get Illustrator to open, if I try and save it freezes and crashes. I've submitted the crash reports.

At the moment it's completely unusable 😞

Thanks

Tracey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's program updates are complete trash. Can anyone explain to me why I have to download a completely new program every year when the updates are always minor and there are more problems than fixes. Adobe needs to come up with a new plan, just because you own a monopoly on the market does not give you the right to provide subpar products to consumers who are paying a lot of money for your services. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to Ai 2020 in my Macbook, and ever since my files been crashing. None is recovered, this is so frustrating, I tried unticking GPU but still happening. Please help... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact Customer Care.They can log into your system to check things out.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem (Windows 10). Illo freezes on the splash screen and doesn't give a crash report. It tried running diagnostic tests but every one of those froze.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Illo 2020 twice, restarting Windows each time.

Illo 2019 works fine.

GTX 980, driver 441.20, 64GB RAM. Windows 10 Pro v1903 build 18362.476

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having similar issues since a client upgraded, AIRobin proccess is using 24GB of memory making the deivce slow and impossible to use. Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a similar problem, update to 2020 I can open the files but very slowly and when I save the changes the screen goes black and I have to force the closure.

What can I do to return to the previous version while it stabilizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a weird way I'm glad I found this thread because I thought it was either my laptop or the Windows update but it only happens on Illustrator 2020! It told me the other day I'd run out of available RAM. It even crashed WHILE SENDING A REPORT. I will now NOT be using 2020 anymore and in all honesty apart from it KILLING my laptop I see no differences in this one anyway. Also side note does anybody LIKE the new warp tool in PS2020?? I think I preferred the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also just discovered the job I have been working on (painfully with the 2020 version) doesn't ACTUALLY open in 2019 in an editable format! WHY??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the file format had to be altered in order to make background save work. This happens from time to time and in ALL versions of CS, NO document was backwards compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you for that information. I've only been using illustrator for a year so didn't know any of that. I did however discover I could save it as  an earlier version which mostly fixed it. Though I had some text and every third line was changed to shapes lol not a big deal to fix though. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tekus-sas

I have had to uninstall my version today and roll back - https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Its actually quite simple. TBH I didn't mean to update - this time Adobe did it automatically as I make it a rule not to do it when they release as there are ALWAYS bugs and time is money.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the same thing. Thanks for the link.

Now I have both 2019 and 2020 installed. The crashing from 2020 was driving me crazy since installing last week.

I am so happy that only a few files were modified. I'll keep following the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had both installed on my computer as well and I thought thats why it was crashing, lost probably 20 hours of work in the last couple weeks from all the crashes. I finally un installed 19 and kept 20 thinking that would solve the issue, wish I saw this thread to realize it was 20 that was causing these issues because it just crashed.. again. So annoyed! Uninstalling 20 today and going back to 19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, just came across this thread when trying to fix Illustrator 2020. My issue was with the 'GPU compute' checkmark under the peformance tab. Even though I have a pretty beefy GPU (Nvidia 1070) it still wasn't having it - even with the drivers up to date and all. Just disabled it and it loads everything just fine. Hope it works for you or anyone else on this thread.  Best of luck to you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Unchecking the GPU Performance made all the difference. I can get work done now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here, it freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the old version, the I updated to the latest version and it works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines