Highlighted

Illustrator 2020 crashing on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've reset my preferences and it seems to still be occurrring. It happens seemingly randomly during something mundane and routine such as rounding a corner, embedding a simple pdf, copy/pasting text from another document, or even clicking a certain tool. Once Illustrator fails I'll re-open and I can perform the same, previously failing function, without incident. It does not prompt the "Crash Report" window.

This issue has only been happening with the past two updates and has worked smoothly in the past. 

I'm running Windows10 Pro with 16gb RAM

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2020 crashing on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've reset my preferences and it seems to still be occurrring. It happens seemingly randomly during something mundane and routine such as rounding a corner, embedding a simple pdf, copy/pasting text from another document, or even clicking a certain tool. Once Illustrator fails I'll re-open and I can perform the same, previously failing function, without incident. It does not prompt the "Crash Report" window.

This issue has only been happening with the past two updates and has worked smoothly in the past. 

I'm running Windows10 Pro with 16gb RAM

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this experience. As you have already tried the basic troubleshooting steps, let start by isolating this issue with Safe mode. 

Looking forwad to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

This video shows how to enable the hidden administrator account on Windows 10. This works for Windows 8 and 7 seven as well. Here is the command to enable th...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0