• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 crashing while adding color to Gradient line on macOS Catalina

Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a gradient, and as soon as I drop a color on the gradient line, the program shuts down. I have the current mac osx and illustrator version as of March 30, 2020.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of OS and Illustrator?
Is it crashing on a specific file or all files? If this is happening on only one specific file, it could be file corruption. You may copy the content to the new file or try saving the file as a copy for that.
If it is happening with all the files, then try resetting preferences once. Follow instructions on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator version 24.1, and OS 10.15.3

I was able to get it to work by not dropping swatches onto the gradient line, but by changing an existing gradient (the standard black to white one). I just clicked on the black dot and changed the color from there. I think it's a narrow bug involving dragging color chips onto the line.

Good luck, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colby,

Sorry to hear abp\out this. I tried but couldn't replicate this issue at my end. I am using version 24.1.2. 

We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.1.2) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.1.2, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes.

If you see the similar behavior on 24.1.2, I would request if you can share step by step workflow or small video showing the workflow. This will help us replicating this issue and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue and have had it through many versions of Illustrator. It's not isolated to one file. But it tends to happen efter a while of not having saved my Illustrator file, and it always happens when dragging and dropping a swatch to the gradient tool line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines