• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 Crashing with CADtools 12

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Illustrator 2020 and CADtools 12 on multiple Mac computers in our office. Since the day of install Illustrator 2020 has been crashing multiple times daily on all of our computers with CADtools 12 in the middle of working on files. The software seems to crash at random even when the file is open and no specific action is being taken. I have reset the preferences both in Illustrator and manually and have uninstalled and reinstalled all of our Adobe applications and CADtools. Nothing has helped so far. In the meantime, I have had to downgrade our office to Illustrator 2019 with CADtools 11, which works fine.

I have kept Illustrator 2020 and CADtools 12 on my work computer for troubleshooting purposes. My specs and info are below and I have attached a crash report from this afternoon. I have also reached out to Hot Door (the CADtools developer) today for their opinion. Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave

Adobe Illustrator 24.0.3

https://pastebin.com/6HfMjwkq

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue.  I'm running 10.13.6, but otherwise all else is the same.  A very unstable combo.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got in touch with Hot Door support and they were able to provide me with an updated version of CADtools 12 (12.1.2). I'm still testing to see if the crashing has been resolved, but you may want to contact them to see if it fixes your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.  Sorry for the late reply, and thanks.  

Did the update help (I see their official release is up to 12.1.3 now)

I did contact them and they were not super helpful about the crashing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My crashes occur whenever I try to select dimensions in the dimension layer. It happens when selecting dimensions that are anchored to objects, but there is no way to detach the dimension without selecting the dimension, which causes the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines