• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 crashing

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having trouble with Illustrator? Mine keeps crashing, I can't even create a blank document. I've tried uninstalling and installing again, also tried using old versions, uninstalled Wacom tablet, logged out of my adobe account but nothing works.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Exact version of Illustrator and operating system
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Check how the application works on a different user account. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission error

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the crashing happens when creating documents?

Is there a printer attached, driver up to date, turned on and set up as the default printer?

Also: are old, no longer available printers removed from the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Exact version of Illustrator and operating system
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Check how the application works on a different user account. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors for your user account: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines