• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 freezing and crashing after Mojave 10.14 update

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with Illustrator on my Mac Book Air '17 after updating to Mojave 10.14.

Everything else is working fine but Illustrator is not - the cursor goes into loading mode and the screen freezes after doing a few simple tasks, parts of the Illustrator window are also disappearing (the menus and tool bar etc) and sometimes the screen starts flickering making it impossible to get any work done and the only thing I can do is reboot. 

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the most up to date version of Illustrator but it has not made any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We are sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual behavior of the app. We'll be happy to troubleshoot.
Please try resetting the preferences once. Please follow the instructions below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings. 

If it does not help, please use Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove the existing installation and install the app again.
Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines