Highlighted

Illustrator 2020 freezing on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on a Windows opp system working with the latest version of Ai (updated 08/14/2020) and Ai keeps freezing what seems like every 3rd action. I used to work off a server, and tried working locally on my desktop but the same instance occurs. InD and Ps function fine and do not repeat this error. Download speed is 230mbps

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2020 freezing on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on a Windows opp system working with the latest version of Ai (updated 08/14/2020) and Ai keeps freezing what seems like every 3rd action. I used to work off a server, and tried working locally on my desktop but the same instance occurs. InD and Ps function fine and do not repeat this error. Download speed is 230mbps

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 1
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working off a server means that the file is on a server?

How large is the file and what's in it? Are there e.g. placed files in it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen when creating new documents or when working with existing files? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nora,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestions given earlier, I'd request launching Adobe Illustrator in safe mode and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Resources