Highlighted

Illustrator 2020 gives extra page information in PDF file.

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a document with page information in illustrator, it gives automaticly some extra information that I don't want.

You don't see the extra info in the document name but only when you open de PDF in acrobat in the page information. Please see example below.

Bvdsanne1_0-1587640891848.png

Does anyone know how I can avoid that it gives me extra information in the page information?

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2020 gives extra page information in PDF file.

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a document with page information in illustrator, it gives automaticly some extra information that I don't want.

You don't see the extra info in the document name but only when you open de PDF in acrobat in the page information. Please see example below.

Bvdsanne1_0-1587640891848.png

Does anyone know how I can avoid that it gives me extra information in the page information?

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what you get when you check page information.

You can delete the text that you don't want in Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!

That is very strange because first I never has this.

You don't know if it's a new option somewhere, so that I can turn it off?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you not want to see?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ai58764.. etc. Everthing before the _ including the _. That is the extra info that he gives the title.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is called 'Test.pdf' in this case?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot reproduce that, which version of Illustrator?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the pdf is called test.pdf

This is illustrator cc 24.1.2

It's very strange because this problem doesn't happend by my colleague with exaclty the same version of illustrator. So it must be a strange setting..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not something I can reproduce either, Have you tried resetting preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please confirm which OS and version of Acrobat you using to open this PDF? Like Ton and Doug, I couldn't replicate this either. Will it be possible for you to share a sample PDF file showing this behavior? You can upload it to Creative Cloud and share the download link.
This will help us replicating this issue and report it to the product team if required.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem "ai53637383939_filename.pdf" on both Illustrator for Windows and Mac 2020. Please Help Adobe 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 0
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving locally or on a network?

Try and in Preferences > File Handlin g& Clipboard turn off the Optimize Saving over network as well as  Save in Background. Does that help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 1