• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 keeps crashing on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustrator crashes straight away once I open it. I have tried reinstalling it and nothing changes.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

My issue was finally solved: Turning off Automatic Graphic Switching in Catalina system preferences/energy eliminated Illustrator crashing AND the Mac form restarting... Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it already version 24.0.3?

Which system?

Did you reset preferences?

Any third party plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Catalina.

Yes, I did reset the preferences when I reinstall it.

No third party plugins. 

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator have full disk access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given Illustartor a full disk access but still crashing down. No problem to open with other Adobe apps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please check if Illustrator has full disk access, as asked by Monika. Along with that you can also try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html)  and check how it works there. And if that doesn't help either, login to the root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how the application works there.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I have tired everything you say and non of them works.

Please see the attached picture that shows Illustrator has full dis access.

Best Regards

Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 19.06.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck getting it to not crash. I even had Adobe remote access my machine. No use, crashes ALL the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably tried all this but I am mentioning it again (Since I crashed...a lot).

Cl;ean install. Trash preferences. Check memory. 

If this does not help yuo will need to contact our suppot team to check it!

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html They can login to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was finally solved: Turning off Automatic Graphic Switching in Catalina system preferences/energy eliminated Illustrator crashing AND the Mac form restarting... Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly a problem AI is facing every time mac changes from discrete card to Intel. I used gfxcard and only allowed the discrete card to be active and things from really really bad went to smotth operation, no more lost work ......so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines