• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 lagging in Windows 10

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello could you please help me, I have a problem with Illustrator cc 2020 version 24.1.2, Im using windows 10 ASUS all in one, Core i.7. My problem is any vector image I create, where I have applied the gradient tool, laggs and has too load when I click and drag the image across the work space. This is very slow and has only just started doing this and was not doing this before, it also saves vey slowly. Could I have some help please? I have also tried opening illustrator in safe mode and Illustrator does not open and crashes. I have also reset  preferences.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help here.
I wanted to know if it happens with a specific file or all. Please make sure you have OS and GPU updated to the latest version.
You may also try turning off GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe,

I am having the exact same problem as ryan0075.

Was fine last week.

Yesterday it started getting laggy.

Today it is unuseable.

I have a new empty artboard. One rectangle. I grab and move it. The outline moves after a second, but the fill stays put. Then illustrator stops completely. After about 20 seconds the grey image moves to match the outline.

It is worse the more zoomed in I am. at 200% it is 20 seconds.

I turned off the GPU.

I deleted fonts.

I unistalled and reinstalled Illustrator. Clearing all preferences.

I have ample ram and my CPU is never maxed.

My scratch disk is a SSD.

I need Illustrator for work.

Advice please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines