Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 not working with Cutting Master 4 (Graphtec) plugin

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

We have multiple machines running Illustrator 2020, and one that is hooked up to our Graphtec Plotters. 

All of our machines are equipt with Cutting Master 4 as well, suddenly on Friday our plotting machine stoped allowing us to open Cutting Master form Illustrator we keep getting a "time out" message. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both programs and am at a loss of what to do now?

{Renamed by MOD]

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked details on Graphtec website and according to system requirements posted on https://www.graphtec.co.jp/en/imaging/soft/cm4/index.html ,looks like Cutting Master 4 is not compatible with CC2020.
I'd recommend contacting Graphtec to check if they've launched or scheduled an update.
Otherwise, if it is important to use the plugin, you may install the earlier version of Illustrator CC2019(v23.1) uing help article https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

However, as stated all of our other machines have it, and it was working up until the other day. Also if you check their download page, https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-softwares , it is listed as compatible. 

We have reached out to cutting amster as well and are awaiting response; however, like stated it is working fine on 3 other machines, and worked fin for quite some time up until last week when we got the error for the first time. 

I do not believe this should be tagged as "correct answer."

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, Gordon. Graphtec US website does mention that CM4 is compatible with CC2020 while Japanese does not.
I'd recommend trying to reset the preferences once. Follow instructions on 

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences to do that.

*Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to.
 Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I am having exaclt the same problem as signsforsuccessspokane,

I'm trying to run Cutting Master 4 on CC2020. Cutting Master 4 was working well and was being used with my machine, then mac went to sleep then stopped working. Now when opening I get an error saying 'connection to cutting master 4 timeout'. 
I tried reinstalling cutting master 4 and it worked once, then went back to having exactly the same problem. 
I reset Illustrator preferences and didn't make a difference. 

any advise would be much appreicated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is Mac OS Catalina, then the issue might be caused by the system. The Apple forums are overflowing with issues caused by Sleep mode in all kinds of applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I have just updated to a graphtec cutter and cutting master 4 isn't showing up in illustrator 2020. Just wondering if you had resolved this issue or can give me any further information.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck, I just had the same issue happen after the Mac upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if anyone still needs help on this issue, but maybe my experience will help. I had the same problem and been on my PC for hours yesterday figuring out why my jobs aren't going thru Cutting Master. So here's the details:

PROBLEM

- Graphtec Cutter will be recognize by Cutting Master, but wont send the job to cut

- always getting a timeout

SOLUTION:

- installed/reinstalled both Illustrator and Cutting Master 4 (just for a clean start)

- TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL first to see if that's the problem. For me it was since this program has to connect to SAI cloud for it to work. If it is, then modify your firewall settings to allow that program . No more issues since.

I'm using a PC with the latest Illustrator and the latest Cutting Master 4. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, a mi me ocurre que el pluggin de cutting no aparece en ilustrator te ocurrio algo asi?

salduos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
tienes que descargar adobe 2017

Tienes que descargar  above illustrator 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure out the issue? I am having the same issue as well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im 90% sure it was reinstall --
Happy Dancing,
Nutmeg PAC
NutmegPAC@gmail.com
860-506-5712

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines