Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 - Objects sticking to Select Tools and freezing the screen

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone please tell me which is the last version of Illustrator where objects do not stick to the Select/Direct Select Tool and then freeze the whole screen? I am using MacOS Catalina. I had the latest version and tried with the previous one, then rebooting and resetting preferences. None of it worked. 😞

Thank you!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some third party plug-in installed? If so, try uninstalling it.

Also, to know if it's a system or a user problem, try creating a new user and check if you get the same problem after login with this new user.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlon, 

Thank you.

No luck.

I do not have any 3rd party plug-ins.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having any other operational difficulties since updating to Catalina? Are you working on a network or is this a personal computer? If the problems are more widespread and you are on a network then contact your network administrator and confirm that the network has been updated to work with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, 

It is a personal computer and I use it only for design.

I have not noticed any other operational difficulties after the last update a few days ago.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated Illustrator, Bridge, InDesign and Photoshop on my personal Mac, using Mojave 10.14.6. I am having the same problem in Illustrator. When I use the direct selection tool, the whirling beachball of death appears while the computer stalls. It catches up and then does the same thing when I do anything with the direct selection tool.

I restored the Adobe Illustrator folder from yesterday (it said 24.1) and I still had the same problem.

I uninstalled (keeping my preferences) and reinstalled 24.0.

The direct selection tool works on files/images that are simple.

Complex figures that I worked on yesterday still cause the same problem. It is impossible to work on a complex illustration when the direct selection tool causes a hang between every selection, nudge or movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines