• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 requires the preferences folder permission to be Read-Write on macOS High Sierra

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Illustrator 2020 but am unable to open application. Keep getting the message: To work correctly, Adobe Illustrator requires the Preferences folder permission to be 'Read-Write'. The current permission setting is incorrectly set to 'Read-Only'.

I have read and followed the instructions recommended to solve this issue, but no matter what I do I keep getting this message and am unable to open Illustrator. I am on a MAC, High Sierra. Please, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. To fix these issue, you may follo the steps provided on https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/repair-disk-permissions-running-disk.html

If you have already tried this, then use the Apple support article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538 to change the permissions for the user.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the above solution and it has not fixed my issue.  Cna you please advise?

Thanks

amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly what is your issue? The same as in the original post?

Exactly which folder's preferences did you repair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines