Illustrator 2020 saving problem

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I was working on a file (the file contained heavy graphics) in illustrator 2020. During work there were some problems. I was creating an isometric typography. So after work when I went to save the file as AI file a dialogue box appeared and showed " an unknown error occurred ". I tried more than 10 times. I even quit illustrator (without saving). When I opened it again the file disappeared!

Then I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstall it again. Will my problem get fixed and will I get my old files back?

TOPICS
Draw and design, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't save files, then they are gone.

As for the issue:

- where do you save your files? If on a network, save on the local disk instead. Does that work?

- is a printer connected, set up as default printer and turned on? Illustrator looks for a printer when saving a file. If it doesn't find one, it might act funky.

- does it get better when you turn off "Save in background" in the preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines