Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 SDK Link Issue Art Board List

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I was trying to recompile my third party plugin for Illustrator 2020, keep having the link issue:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ShowPlatformAssert referenced in function "public: bool __cdecl ai::ArtboardList::iterator::operator==(class ai::ArtboardList::iterator const &)const " (??8iterator@ArtboardList@ai@@QEBA_NAEBV012@@Z)

the error seems to reference the SDK's IAIArtboards.cpp

my code referencing this is shown in the attached picture. I'm using Visual studio 2017, version 15.9.11, on windows 10.Could use some help.

Thanks for your time,
-Steven

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you resolve this issue?  I am having exactly the same problem when moving a working 2019 plug-in to the 2020 SDK.  At link time I am missing references to external symbols ShowPlatformAssert and sAIAssertion and can't find those in the source code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

I am also facing this issue.

Were you able to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

I resolved the issue by checking out the SnippetRunner sample.

Add the AIAssertionSuite.

Also add the AIAssert.cpp in your resources.

Also, make sure you modify your project settings and add the pipl.

Follow the Getting Started Guide in the sdk (pages 32-34). Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed.

Note that the pipl command in the docs is incorrect (gave me an error). Follow the command in the samples in the SDK.

Hope that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines